04 Oct RCFM Intramural Open 2020
The CrossFit Open is back and so is the RCFM Intramural Open (IO)! What is that? Glad you asked, check out the details below and sign up by Wednesday night to be added to a team!
What is the CF Open?
First you need to know what the CrossFit Open is. The Open is comprised of five workouts over five weeks, and it starts with workout “20.1” this season. Open workouts are identified by their year and the order in which they appear. The workouts will be released every Thursday at 8pm EST at games.crossfit.com and we will do the workouts on Friday for every class.
What is the RCFM Intramural Open?
The IO is a team in-house Open comprised of RCFM members only! Teams will be drafted by coaches and be led by that coach(s) throughout the 5 weeks of the Open. Teams will compete for points during each workout.
How to Sign Up for the RCFM Intramural?
In order to participate in the Open you DO NOT need to register on the Games website, but you DO need to register on our event page HERE. Please note if you do want to compare your scores with friends or family around the world, you can register for the CrossFit Open and also participate in our RCFM Intramural Open as well!
While the purpose of the Open is to find the fittest athletes that will end up participating at the CrossFit Gams, it’s also an opportunity for any athlete at any level to participate in an atmosphere like none other throughout the year. It can add meaning and purpose to your training while also bringing our gym’s community closer together. The Open is the time of year where we see many people achieve important firsts: bodyweight snatch, muscle-ups, toes-to-bars, handstand push-ups, double-unders, etc. It is truly a fun and energetic time of year and we want to live it up to the fullest!
How does scoring work?
1. Athletes will get 1 point for their team for completing and submitting a given Open Workout.
2. The top 5 Women and Top 5 men to complete a workout RX in a given week be awarded 3 points for their team.
3. The top 5 Women and Top 5 men to complete a workout Scaled in a given week will be awarded 1 point for their team.
4. The top 3 Women and Top 3 men to complete a workout as a Master in a given week will be awarded 1 point for their team.
5. Team will be given 5 points if they or an individual on their team wins the “Spirit of the Open”* award on a given week. (awarded every week)
* “Spirit of the Open” award is an award that acknowledges not only what a member accomplishes but how they accomplish it. It can be given for anyone who inspired, motivated or entertained that week with not only their performance but also, presence, attitude, attire and overall sportsmanship.
Questions and Changes:
When/where can I do the Open workouts for the RCFM Intramural Open?
In order for your score to count for the IO you MUST complete the workouts at RCFM. You may complete the Open workout(s) during any Friday class or during Friday Night Lights (Week 1 and Week 5) or during Saturday Open Gym hours only. Scores and workout attpemts for the Intramural Open MUST be completed and in Triib by Saturday. (exceptions to be made on individual basis and only with Head Coach approval).
How can I make sure my participation and score counts?
*NEW* In order for your score to count, you NEED to enter your score into Triib after doing your workout. Entering your score into games.crossfit.com (if you choose to sign up there) alone, will not count towards the RCFM IO. If your score is not in Triib your score/participation points will not be counted. Coaches can help on how to enter scores into Triib, its easy!
Can I improve my score for the RCFM Intramural Open if I retest and do better?
*NEW* NO, we are impliminating a “One and Done” approach this year. That being said, if you have signed up for the CF Open on games.crossfit.com you are more than welcome to try and improve your score. HOWEVER, “redos” will only be allowed during Open gym hours.